- Location: Belfast
- Closing date: Friday 6th January 2017
Trackars Healthcare wish to recruit a Registered Nurse Manager for our Belfast division.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To deliver high quality healthcare staffing solutions that support the rights of service users to live the lives they choose as far as they are able.
Adherence to RQIA standards resulting in exceptional RQIA reports. Implementing main duties and responsibilities below to support recruitment and retention of Trackars Healthcare employees. Increasingly higher scores in stakeholder’s satisfaction in annual and monthly quality assurance surveys.
Manage the safety and quality of the business
- Be responsible for the safe delivery of the service in line with legislative requirements and company policy and procedures
- Undertake training and development to keep up to date with the law, best practice and changes in company policy. Apply this knowledge to day to day management and delivery of care
- Understand and monitor health and safety in the workplace and in the field. Act as lead for infection prevention and control
- Maintain full and accurate records and reporting systems in accordance with legal requirements and to ensure the effective running of the business
- Implement quality management and improvement systems. Effectively manage complaints and incidents. Carry out investigations relating to the quality of the service and use findings to make improvements
- Be prepared to work flexibly to ensure the safe delivery of the service
Provide a good service to customers
- Promote the rights of each customer and keep their wishes at the centre of their care and support
- Make sure that prior to each service commencing, a customer assessment and risk assessment with the customer, and/or their chosen representatives, has been completed including what the customer needs and would like to achieve from their care and support
- Make sure a written individually tailored care and support plan has been created and agreed, that respects the customer’s wishes and promotes their dignity and privacy. Agree appropriate risk control measures to reduce identified risks
- Provide the customer, and where appropriate their representatives, with information about the service so that they are clear about what to expect and how they can raise any concerns
- Act as a lead nurse in bespoke complex clients
- Apply excellent communication skills with customers, their families and representatives, staff and other health and social care professionals to deliver high quality homecare services
- Keep all information about customers and their families secure and confidential
Lead and manage staff
- Manage the effective recruitment, induction and training of the coordinator (s), supervisor (s), care workers and other support staff. Identify ongoing training needs and ensure staff are up to date with current best practice
- Ensure there are sufficient numbers of suitably qualified staff allocated appropriately to meet service needs at all times. Implement company policy and procedures in relation to managing absence, disciplinary, capability and grievance matters
- Provide information, guidance and ongoing supervision to enable staff to effectively and safely carry out their roles. Carry out appraisals and monitoring of staff performance
- Ensure all emergency on-call issues are dealt with effectively, such as covering calls either directly or indirectly when care workers are sick or absent
Promote the business
- Attend external meetings and represent the service in a positive manner
- Participate in the growth and development of the business. Work with the Registered Provider and TEAM to achieve sales targets and deliver within budget.
This list is not exhaustive and from time to time you may be required to undertake additional duties. We will provide full training in line with regulatory requirements.
To apply for this post, please forward your CV to Niamh@trackarshealthcare.com by 3pm on Friday 6th January 2017.